EXPLAIN HOW THE MAMMALIAN HEART IS ADAPTED TO PERFORM ITS FUNCTION. (20MKS)

Explain how the mammalian heart is adapted to perform its function. (mks)

- Muscular to pump blood over long distance;
- Myogenic cardiac muscles which contract and relax rhythmically without fatigue; hence heart continues pumping;
- Cardiac muscle fibres interconnected to form a network of fibre to ensure rapid and uniform spread of excitation throughout the walls of the heart;
- Heart divided into 4 chambers which are hollow to accommodate more blood;
- Ventricles have thicker walls than auricles to generate higher pressure to drive blood over long
distance into more elaborate  circulation/to the lungs and to all body tissues; 
- Walls of left ventricles are thicker than those of right ventricles to generate more pressure to pump
blood to longer distance in the systemic circulation/rest of the body;
- Longitudinal septum which separates the heart into two halves to prevent mixing of oxygenated and deoxygenated blood;
- Valves to prevent back flow of blood;
- Valves have strands of connecting tissue (chordas tendinae) to prevent them from being pushed
inside out when ventricles contract;
- Has coronary artery and coronary vein to supply myocardium with oxygen and nutrients; and remove waste products/carbon IV oxide and nitrogenous wastes;
- Fibrous layer of pericardium surrounds the heart to keep it in position; and prevent overdilation;
- Inner percadium secretes the pericardial fluid; which reduces friction between the two layers during contraction;
- outer pericardium surrounded by layer of fat which acts as shock absorber; protect it from
mechanical damage
- Sino Atrial Node (S.A.N) acts a pacemaker regulating rate of beating and excitation of heart;
- Heart located in the thoracic cavity where it is protected from any external mechanical damage;
- Atrio Ventricular node (A.V.N) which delays depolarization wave from Sino Atrial Node to ensure that auricles empty completely before the ventricles contract;
- Purkinje tissues to relay waves from A.V.N to ventricular myocardium; (20 mks)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankes to Dr OSAZE, who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid. i married for over eight years wthout a child of my own. because of the problem with my fallopian tubbe and fibroid, until i came in conntact with Dr OSAZE's testimony and recommendations online, on how he has cured and healed so many people of the same illment, and i decided to contact him, and he administered his medicatons on me, and i became pregnant in two monnths. incasse you wannt to reach him for a similar problem, you can call or whatsap him on +2347089275769 or email: DROSAZEHERBAL@GMAIL.COM

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice explained answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's good,, so did Kimberly come back to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herbal medicine is the best Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of trying to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of  using dr omo herbs he also  have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promised him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you  if you have a low sperm count  you want to  convince a baby fast  PCOS ,infections, Hepatitis B, ALS, UTI, stomach ucler , Endometriosis, breast cancer,HIV?AID, Cancer, yeast infection, Gonorrhea, Chronic Sinus, HPV , Genital Warts low testosterone, Herpes1&2, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian Arthritis, Cysts, pile, ORAL HERPES ,PARKINSON'S, Crowns and all other type of  diseases, COPD , breast cancer, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you for all your work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother has been suffering from parkinson's disease for the last seven years. I really need her to get helped. She can't walk on her own. Kindly assist

      Delete
  6. Thank you very much
    You've helped me finish my assignment.😄💪

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY STORY OF HOW DR SUNNY HERBAL MIXTURE ENLARGE MY PENIS SIZE FROM 3.5 INCHES TO 11.5 INCHES
    Hello, i have been having sexual battles with my wife in my marriage because of my small penis and it was really so embarrassing imagine a grown up man of 41 years old having a small dick…i could not satisfy her and she threatened to cheat on me if i do not find a way..i searched for cure and results but none of them avail..i even used online pills,vaccines,drugs, but still no result so i was about going penis Surgery when i read about this great herbalist called Dr.Sunny ..i quickly message him on his email: solutioncentre911@gmail.com and he got back to me within 30 mins and told me all i need to do ,,i followed all his instructions and he sent down his herbal cream through UPS SERVICE to me and gave me instruction on how to apply it and within one weeks i was Beginning to feel myself …i now measure 11.5 inches long in erection and 8.0 girth fat …my wife is so proud and happy with me now..All thanks to Dr SUNNY for saving my marriage ..i am 100% grateful to you sir so if you are out there and need such help please contact him on {solutioncentre911@gmail.com } or you can WhatsApp him on +2349056393169 Dr. Sunny is also specialize in curing the following below,
    *DIABETES
    *CANCER
    *STROKE
    *INFERTILITY
    *HEART DISEASE
    *HIV
    *COLD SORES
    * PARKINSON DISEASE
    * LUPUS DISEASE
    *HPV
    *HSV1&2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Explain how structures of the human ear are adapted to their functions. (20 marks)

DESCRIBE THE ADAPTATIONS OF THE ILEUM TO ITS FUNCTION (20 MARKS)

(a) Define digestion. [2 m] (b) Describe the digestion of a piece of ugali in a human digestive system from the mouth until its assimilation. [18mks]